Skip to main content

ADEKOLA EMMANUEL: More than just a photographer


It was my pleasure interviewing the charming and eccentric CEO OF KOLIMO MEDIA, it’s not just photography it’s a media change. Watch out for them, they are setting a standard for not just Nigeria but the world……

Misspuregold: Your name
Adekola: Adekola Emmanuel

Misspuregold:  Your background 
Adekola: Born in lagos, lived and schooled in abuja, Finished from BAZE University Abuja, started as a graphic artist in 2010 built up my photography and videography skills, which were all self taught, worked in 3 media companies within my school years but after school which I always planned was to set up my own business. Also I'm 23 years old and also a sickle cell soldier.

Misspuregold:  How many businesses do you run?
Adekola: Currently just one which is Kolimo Multimedia, have plans to go into others in the future.

Misspuregold: Do you have a 9-5 if no why?
Adekola: I don't have a 9-5, because I have never seen myself working in one, I have tried that before, I was good at it but unlike my colleagues my work continued even after I got home that's because my type of work is considered 24/7 which means I need to be able to deliver to my clients at anytime of the day everyday of the week, I'm not under a "Boss" and I don't consider myself one, everyone at Kolimo Multimedia works with a flexible time but still able to deliver in time.

Misspuregold: Tell us about kolimo media
Adekola: Kolimo Multimedia is a media company which offers Services to Organizations and individuals who need visual representation from photography, Videography, Brand concepts and Design, 3D and animation basically everything involving visual media. But more than just delivering these services we put in effort everyday to increase the value of our work for our clients, quality and creativity is our priority, conventional is the past Kolimo Multimedia is the future.

Misspuregold: What inspired you to start kolimo media?
Adekola: I'll say what inspired me to start Kolimo Multimedia was actually my family and close friends, I have a vision but sometimes it feels like this vision is bigger than me, which It is but something I cannot handle or execute. Thanks to those close to me who pushed me and supported me to build Kolimo Multimedia a company that will be a platform to show how Nigeria is associated with excellence.

Misspuregold: Your role model?
Adekola: My role Model has to be my mother, I know people will say I'm a mummy's boy but what i admire about her is her strength, I want to be as strong as she is someday, she's so passionate about anything she sets out to do and does it without complaining, I think I got my talents from her because just like me she is skilled in various fields.

Misspuregold: Where do you see your kolimo media in 5 years?
Adekola: In 5 years I see Kolimo Multimedia Doing much more than just providing media services but also changing lives by being a large employer of labour, social support, a platform for young talents, and a well known brand associated with quality.

Misspuregold:  What are your challenges?
Adekola: I was born With sickle Cell, which had been a major challenge for me, this is one thing people don't know about me because they could never believe that I could be in such conditions and do the type of work I do, but it's not a challenge anymore because I have learnt how to take better care of my health and I never let my condition bring me down or make me less of who I am.

Misspuregold:  Relationship status & ( if in one ) how does it affect your business
Adekola: Relationships don't affect my Buisness but my business affects my relationships, my past relationships were affected by the lack of time I put into them because I was always too busy at a shoot, a job etc, but now I'm happy I'm with someone who is understanding.

Misspuregold: Greatest accomplishment?
Adekola: For me a great accomplishment was when a video We did during an Election for the Nigerian Bar Association NBA helped in the campaign and the candidate won, Knowing that our video played a key role in the deciding factor made me understand how important our work is.

Misspuregold: Financial implications ( great, not great, getting better )?
Adekola: Well just like any other company, capital and running cost isn't always easy and with the value of naira dropping in recent times makes it difficult to acquire equipments, but we do our best to invest back into our dream to deliver the best at all cost.

Misspuregold: Advice to other aspiring media base people
Adekola: Being in the media Industry for 5 years, I can tell you that only do what your passionate about because interests fade and die but passion is like a fire, it keeps feeding and growing, with passion you always want to learn more how to get better and that's what it takes, don't compromise quality, make due with what you have nothing wrong with starting small grow with grace and hard work pays.


 His work;














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABUJA FASHION HOUSE

So i'm going to be running a weekly post on fashion houses in Abuja........... We know the south south fashion "crase" is still on, that is why RnR Klothing has got you covered for both male and female............. Contact number: 07067668044 08051072016 Bbm:2BF6F22C Instagram:Rolex2soft Facebook.Rolex2soft Gmail. Rolex2soft@Gmail.com Address: Same Global Estate House Lokogoma Abuja Motto: Giving you this excellent &  exceptionally l ook you desire. Makers of all kind of native attire, Kaftan, Agbada, Senators, South south, danshiki, office shirts and Trouser. They also provide a 24 hours delivery

Eat Drink Connect

One thing i love about Abuja, there is always something to do. Not busy this sunday and you have 1000 naira to spare don't miss this opportunity to network and chill. Have fun!!!!